11 restaurants + 14 meals = 1 epic barkada food trip around Mall of Asia. Challenge accomplished!
Google Philippines recently held an epic food trip at SM Mall of Asia last July 25. Five groups from traditional and online media participated and searched for Pinoy foods around MOA. The catch: search for the restaurants around the mall using their Google Search.
Aside from me, #TeamMatakaw members consisted of my friends from the blogosphere: Dems Angeles, Edel Santiago and Duane Bacon. During the challenge, we have to accomplish 30 tasks for 2 hours that we've given to us.
In every restaurant that we searched using the search and voice search tool by Google thru the two mobile phones we used for the said challenge, we have to take a bite of the food, documented it using a video camera then upon completion of the tasks, a representative from Google Philippines given us a card.
For those who are curious on what we ate and restaurants that our team visited, here are the list of the foods and restos (yea...we taste it only and head over to the next challenge.)
- Reyes Barbecue - Pork Barbecue with peanut butter sauce.
- KKK - Marquezong Lumpiang Shanghai
- Sarsa Kitchen + Bar - Pritchon Pancake with Hoisin Chili Sauce
- Abe's - Bamboo Rice and Arobung Kamaru
- Bo's Coffee - Cake in a Jar (Red Velvet and Chocolate flavor)
- Jollibee - Sundae Mix-ins
- Pancit ng Taga Malabon - Pancit Malabon
- Manam - Caramelized Patis Wing
- Juan's Bistro - Crispy Pata
- Mangan - Ginataang Munggo (Lelut Balatong)
- Razon's of Guagua - Pancit Luglug and Halo-Halo
It's like Fear Factor because we tried out Abe's Arobung Kamaru or fried crickets served to us. We enjoyed every moment of it and learned a lot of Pinoy meals that available in Mall of Asia. Meanwhile, Team Our Awesome Planet won the challenge. All of our entries are hilariously awesome! Way to go, guys!
Here's our video during the Google Philippines Epic Food Trip:
Wanna be in the next Google commercial? Join us to explore the rich Filipino cuisines that we love to share in our dining table. Check out this video by Mikey Bustos: